A Career in Public Health Communication
What Is Health Communication?
- Create and evaluate marketing programs and products that aim to improve the health of communities by identifying unhealthy habits and proposing healthy alternatives .
- Implement or supervise the implementation of the communication and marketing components of public health initiatives.
- Learn to create campaigns that leverage digital tools such as social media, gamification and app design.
- Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings to understand opportunities for improving health on a wide scale.
- Direct the hiring of advertising, promotions and marketing staff, and oversee their daily activities.
How Do I Become a Health Communication Professional?
Where Do Health Communication Professionals Work?
- Private consulting firms
- Research institutes
- Wellness centers
- Large government agencies
- Public media organizations
Why Become a Health Communication Professional?
- Environmental and occupational health
- Epidemiology and public health research methods
- Global health
- Health policy
- Program planning and evaluation