A Career in Health Policy
What Is Health Policy?
- Identify current or impending challenges and then work to improve, replace or create new policies that address the issue at hand.
- Collect and leverage statistical data used to inform decision making, critical analysis and policy creation.
- Forecast and anticipate political, economic and social trends that will affect the integrity of the health care industry.
- Share and distribute critical information, research or data through publications or media outlets.
- Consult or advise organizations and corporations to make decisions about policy law or procedures.
How Do I Become a Health Policy Professional?
- Political Scientist
- Health Insurance Specialist
- Senior Analyst
- Health Policy Associate
- Health Legislative Aide
- Senior Policy Manager
- Management Associate
- Program Specialist
- Social Scientist
- Political Coordinator
Where Do Health Policy Analysts Work?
- Health care delivery systems
- Legislative and executive branches of state and federal government
- Health insurance companies
- Trade associations
- Nonprofit organizations
- Drug and device manufacturers
- Think tanks
- Private sector consulting firms