CAHME-Accredited Online MHA Programs
What Is CAHME Accreditation?
- Have an established graduate degree in healthcare quality and safety with at least one class of students admitted.
- Be part of an institution that has obtained regional accreditation or similar recognition.
- Provide mission, vision and values statements that align with its college or school’s mission and values.
- Design curricula and teaching methodology that connect coursework and students’ learning styles to intended student outcomes.
- Demonstrate that courses are designed to be interactive between students and instructors.
- Have a quality improvement program.
- Ensure resources—including library facilities, technology and learning spaces—support its goals.
- Comply with laws that protect equal opportunities and not discriminate against applicants, students, faculty or staff based on gender, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, religion or disability.
- Have a process for handling formal students complaints and use complaints to improve the program.
- Have a policy on academic freedom and standards for faculty and make faculty members aware of grievance procedures.
- Support faculty development, research and service within the healthcare quality and/or patient safety fields.
- Include faculty responsibilities that are consistent with its institution’s policies and have a policy for evaluating faculty performance.
Is CAHME Accreditation Necessary?
Advantages Of CAHME-Accredited Schools
- High standards. Programs must meet rigorous requirements for accreditation.
- Flexibility. Students may be able to transfer credits between CAHME-accredited schools and programs.
- Scholarship opportunities. Students in CAHME-accredited schools and programs have access to exclusive scholarships.
- Workforce preparedness. As the health management field changes, CAHME-accredited schools and programs stay up-to-date with industry standards.
- Case competitions. Students from CAHME-accredited schools and programs can participate in case competitions to test their business acumen.
- Industry partnerships. Students in CAHME-accredited schools and programs gain access to industry resources and professional organizations.
- Fellowship opportunities. Some post-graduate fellowships are only available to graduates of CAHME-accredited schools and programs.