We Invite You to Walk Away from Diabetes
November is American Diabetes Month and on November 14, 2013, the International Diabetes Federation will also celebrate World Diabetes Day. To commemorate these events, MPH@GW invites you to participate in our campaign to Walk Away from Diabetes. We hope that you will join us to raise awareness for type 2 diabetes prevention.
If you are a blogger who has a personal story or if you are someone advocating for diabetes prevention, consider sharing your perspective to raise awareness and let others know they are not alone in their struggle against type 2 diabetes.
- Are you or a family member or friend living with diabetes?
- Are you a physician, dietitian or other health professional with an expertise in diabetes?
- Do you work for an organization that supports the prevention of type 2 diabetes?
- Have you personally participated in a walk or awareness campaign to prevent type 2 diabetes?
- Do you have an inspirational story to share around this issue?
Starting November 1, share a link to your blog in our comment section or on our Facebook page, and we may feature you in a roundup at the end of the month. Type 2 diabetes impacts entire communities — no matter who you are or what you normally blog about — we want to hear your story, so we can highlight the importance of raising awareness around type 2 diabetes prevention.
Everyone is welcome to participate! Here’s how:
- Publish a blog post that incorporates a diabetes awareness theme. Mention why raising awareness about this issue matters.
- Include a link back to our blog campaign description so that your readers can learn how they can raise awareness, too.
- Place the “Walk Away from Diabetes” badge on your post or site using the html code provided below.
- Share your blog post about diabetes on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #WAFD13.
- Check out our Walk Away from Diabetes Roundup to read, engage and follow bloggers participating in the campaign.
- Important note: Please provide a trigger warning if you include any traumatic experiences or graphic images in your blog post.
*This content is for informational purposes only, and is not meant as personal health guidance.
Remember to grab a Walk Away from Diabetes badge!